Wednesday, June 2, 2010

California Dreamin'


Has nothing to do with this post, just have the song stuck in my head.

I've made mention many times about how I really want this job, but I haven't really explained the whole "why" part of the equation.  First, depending on what page you're on, the job is named "Marketing Ninja", "Marketing Jedi", or "Marketing Whiz"...that alone would attract me to the job!  I mean, that's way better than a lowly project coordinator, account executive (which sounds way better than it is), product manager, etc.  A big thumbs-down "boo" to whoever came up with those names.  And a job description that has the word "shit" in it...I mean come on!  This is job gold here!



I hope I don't end up on a dinner with Bania at Mendy's


I really look for informal working environments, half-crazed coworkers, lots of laughs, and working collaboratively.  This picture gives me an inkling that Photojojo fits the bill.  I typically view work as something to enjoy as much as the other parts of my life and it's why I constantly crave (cue k.d. lang pic) a job to fulfill that.  And I'm really looking forward to working in an office again...working from home is not all its cracked up to be.  I miss being around people.

We weren't sure at first, but my wife and I are definitely excited by the prospect of moving to a new city.  We feel energized about meeting new people and exploring new places.  And San Fran sounds like an excellent locale for us.

And finally, it's a photography company!  Seriously, the only type of work I would enjoy more would be a marketing related job for a football team.  And even then, I'm not so sure...

And just for fun I'll leave you with this:


From the X-Files Episode "The Postmodern Prometheus": My wife and I often do the dance seen at 1:40

No comments:

Post a Comment