When I began this quest for that elusive dream job, I didn't really hold out much hope that I would even have a chance at landing it. But I've become quite invested in this job application. Definitely more so than any other job I've applied to. Like for serious, this blog is basically the longest job interview of all time! Tomorrow will mark a whole month since I've started this rambling collection of words - full of Looney Tunes, Polka Parties, Contact references, and millions of dollars waiting to be snatched up by the internets. But yeah - totally invested and can't turn back now.
There are still many obstacles ahead of course. Who knows how long this job will be posted and how many people have/will apply. I think I can safely say that the folks at Photojojo are at least curious - they have checked out this blog on numerous occasions. But curious enough to do an interview? And how would that interview take place? Over Skype? Lots of questions, not many answers right now.
Then there's the whole working visa thing. Even if I were to land an interview and have serious interest from the good folks at Photojojo, we'll have to work out the visa process so that I can work there. I did a quick bit of research and it's not as bad as I first would have thought, but another barrier.
However, as with all great things, they must be difficult to attain in order for you to truly appreciate it and deserve it. Not only do I have to beat out my competitors here, I really have to blow them out of the water to make it that necessary to hire me as visas are an extra hurdle that most won't face.
I have nothing but confidence in my skills and knowledge to do a successful job - but so do a lot of people. So how do I surpass my competition? With passion. I hope it comes through here.
Wednesday, June 2, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment