This photo couldn't get any more nineties, even if it featured chokers, Reebok Pumps, and Kurt Cobain.This job I'm applying for is located in San Francisco...way far away for a Southern Ontarian (Ontarioite? Ontarioan?) like myself. I'm open to moving and my wife is supportive of this if by slim chance I even get an interview and by slim chance after that I even get the job. I must confess, I know next to nothing about the city except some rumors about it being in California or somewhere off in that direction (picture me waving my hand indiscriminately West). Everything I do know however, as per the title, I know from Full House and The Rock - but mostly Full House. These are two pieces of entertainment that I am loathe to admit that I've watched, enough to say that Joey Gladstone is a Red Wings fan and that winners go home and do something to the prom queen.
That is one incredible mulletLet's use some bullets.

A view of the West side of Hamilton from the Niagara Escarpment
- Hills. Lots of hills. I can deal with that. I live in Hamilton, situated right smack-dab on the Niagara Escarpment. My apartment is situated 2/3rds up the bloody thing. And I'm a committed pedestrian, so I'm used walking up hills in all directions - mainly up.

A view of the West side of Hamilton from the Niagara Escarpment
- Street Cars. Or are they trolleys? Either way, cool looking public transit. I dig.
- Golden Gate Bridge. That's one picturesque bridge. Where it's headed? I don't know, but I plan on finding out one day. Also makes for an awesome scene in A View To A Kill for all you James Bond fans.
- I'm pretty sure I've heard references to "The Bay Area". What bay is it? No clue. But it sure does look nice.
- Which brings me to Alcatraz. If I'm not mistaken, it is located in the bay. This is pretty much all I learned from The Rock about San Fran, but it's a good tidbit.
Come to think of it, San Francisco really doesn't seem all that different from Hamilton, Ontario - it's just like a murkier, grittier version here. Hills? We have the escarpment. Golden Gate Bridge? We have the Skyway Bridge, not quite as nice though. A bay? We are situated on both Burlington and Hamilton Bays, unfortunately about 85% of the shoreline is allocated to steel mills. We don't have an old historic jail cell, but I can tell you that the streets often seemed littered with former inmates.
So, maybe I don't know San Francisco all that well, but I feel like I could move in and adjust pretty quickly.
So, maybe I don't know San Francisco all that well, but I feel like I could move in and adjust pretty quickly.

No comments:
Post a Comment